Bereavement, Support and Advocacy Sites
- The Compassionate Friends is a national nonprofit, self-help support organization that offers friendship and understanding to families who are grieving the death of a child of any age, from any cause. Local chapters throughout the U.S. and internationally. P. O. Box 3696, Oak Brook, IL 60522-3696, 877-969-0010 www.compassionatefriends.org.
- Alive Alone is an organization for the education and charitable purposes to benefit bereaved parents, whose only child or all children are deceased, by providing a self- help network and publications to promote communication and healing, to assist in resolving their grief, and a means to reinvest their lives for a positive future. 11115 Dull Robinson Road, Van Wert, OH 45891 www.alivealone.org.
- Lamenting Sons: Fathers and Grief provides some thoughts and resources online for fathers grieving children lost to illness, accidents, homicide, suicide, and other tragedies. http://members.tripod.com/~Lifegard/index-4.html.
Infant Death or Miscarriage
- SIDS Network is the growing collaborative effort of individuals from across the United States and around the world. The website offers up-to-date information as well as support for those who have been touched by the tragedy of SIDS and Other Infant Death (OID). PO Box 520, Ledyard, CT 06339 http://sids-network.org.
- American SIDS Institute is dedicated to the prevention of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and the promotion of infant health through research, clinical services, family support and professional and community education. 2480 Windy Hill Road, Suite 380, Marietta, GA 30067, 770-612-1030 www.sids.org.
- SIDS Alliance is a national, non-profit, voluntary health organization dedicated to the support of SIDS families, education and research. 1314 Bedford Avenue, Suite 210, Baltimore, Maryland 21208, 800-221-SIDS (7437) www.sidsalliance.org.
- National Sudden Infant Death Resource Center produces and provides professional and consumer education materials and makes referrals to national, state and local organizations. Newsletter, database of information on SIDS. 2070 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 450, Vienna, VA 22182, 866-866-7437 (toll free) www.sidscenter.org.
- Unite Inc. offers national support for parents grieving miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death. Unite provides local group meetings, education and outreach, group development help, group facilitator training programs, quarterly newsletter, annual conference, phone help and professionals in advisory/coordinator roles. c/o Jeanes Hospital, 7600 Central Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, 215-728-2082.
- Triplet Connection Tender Heats is a network of parents who have lost one or more children in multiple births. PO Box 99571, Stockton, CA 95209, 209-474-0885.
- Twinless Twins Support Group, International was founded to support twins (all multiple births) who suffer from the loss of companionship of their twin through death, estrangement, or in-utero loss. Annual conference, professional referrals, family member support and more. PO Box 980481, Ypsilanti, MI 48198-0481, 888-205-8962 www.twinlesstwins.org.
- Sibling Grief & Healing is an online message board for discussion on coping with the death of a brother or sister through the Tom Golden Crisis, Grief and Healing site. http://webhealing.com/forums/index.php/board,3.0.html.